Community Outreach Programs
The St. Anne’s mission to foster “a shared purpose of social responsibility and involvement” among our students is embodied by our Community Outreach Programs. Sponsored and supported by the Parents’ Association, our Outreach Committee keeps that goal at the forefront of the St. Anne’s student experience by organizing school-wide efforts to share with those in need. Every year, the Outreach Committee plans a variety of events that both students and their families can enjoy. We work to ensure that our programs include more than just monetary giving so that the broader spirit of service is understood and embraced by our community.
In addition, our Community Outreach Committee manages the School’s Care and Concern Program, which is spontaneously engaged as St. Anne’s families require assistance (e.g. meals, transportation) during times of hardship or transition. The Outreach Committee also organizes “Baskets of Love” for St. Anne’s families in need of support and encouragement in difficult times.
Please see the 2012-2013 Community Outreach Calendar below, and contact Committee Chair Karen Corsi (Karen.Corsi@ucdenver.edu), if you would like to participate. Upcoming projects are also posted in the weekly FYI as they arise.
Sign Up Now for Our Ongoing Family Outreach Opportunity at Sacred Heart House
St. Anne’s families provide dinners to the residents of Sacred Heart House, a shelter for homeless women and children, on two Mondays per month throughout the school year. This is a wonderful, hands-on outreach opportunity for parents and children to participate in together. Prepare a meal for 15-20 people, deliver it by 5:00 p.m., and then stay and join Sacred Heart residents for a family meal. Please contact Karen Corsi (Karen.Corsi@ucdenver.edu) to volunteer or for additional information.
2012-13 Calendar of Events for OutreachOCT: Trick -or-Treat for UNICEF and Candy Collection
- We organize “Trick or Treat” for UNICEF.
- We also collect excess candy for Ronald McDonald House Denver (http://www.ronaldhouse.org/) and the Colfax Community Network (http://www.colfaxcommunitynetwork.org/).
- At the Book Fair, we set up a donation box for books that will be given to kids as part of Project Night Night (http://projectnightnight.org/).
- At school, we set up donation boxes for books that will be given to kids as part of Project Night Night.
- Giving Love On Valentine’s Eve provides toiletries and valentines to women and children at The Gathering Place, a shelter for women and children in crisis. We set out collection bins, assemble bags and deliver them to the Gathering Place.
- Books from the school's Used Book Sale are collected for delivery to pediatrician's offices around the state of Colorado to be donated to children in need (http://www.reachoutandreadco.org/).
- St. Anne’s parents and faculty will spend two days helping a family build their home in West Denver.
- The Masoudi Walk benefits the Challenge Foundation (www.thechallengefoundation.org), an organization that provides scholarships and support to underprivileged children and their families, so that they may attend private middle school and high school.
- During the last week of school, we collect school supplies left over at the end of the year. The Bridge Project uses them in their after-school and summer programs.
- Once a month we collect unlabeled items from the lost-and-found bins to donate to Clothes to Kids of Denver (CKD; www.clothestokidsdenver.org; 720-379-4630). This organization puts together a "store" where kids can "shop" (for free) 2 times per year for clothing that they need.
- Every other week, we provide dinners to Sacred Heart House (http://www.sacredhearthouse.org/), a shelter for homeless women and children.
Coming Soon: More opportunities for families to volunteer...